Monday, May 31, 2010

A Ride without fuel

This incident happened before one and a half years. It was a festival season of my college. A Function called Quest will be conducted by my college every year for the school children of schools in and around madurai. The whole day will be like something. School children of various ages, schools will be in our campus on that day. Even though the function happens one day, months will be spent by the college and the volunteers for preparing for that day to become an successful one.

Every volunteer was assigned a job. Myself and my friend Kumar (name changed) got the job of distributing the function invitations to the schools in the villages of tirumangalam. Myself and my friend decided to go to those areas in bike. So, we borrowed a bike from my brother’s friend balaji. While he was giving the bike, he told me to recharge the bike with fuel before going out of the city. I too accepted it and started my journey. I have to join my friend in tirumangalam. I started from tirunagar and was going in bike towards tirumangalam. On that time, an election was announced in tirumangalam and lot of police forces were in and at the entrance of tirumangalam. I don’t have a license or atleast an LLR. The bike which i rode don’t have RC book too. I got panic on nearing tirumangalam. There is a bridge in the entrance of tirumangalam. Police will be checking the vehicles which pass through bridge only. So, i took the way under the bridge and crossed the checkpoint. On reaching the core of tirumangalam, lot of police were there. I lost hope of escaping from them. Yet, for a try, i continued my journey by going inside every street, market and crossed the tirumangalam border. And at the same time, forgot to fuel the bike. I caught my friend and we went to schools in the villages which are far away from the national highways. After giving invitation to may be two schools, while we were travelling on the outer area of the village, (un)fortunately the fuel went out and the bike stopped its operation. We are in the outer area. No shop or people are there. We worried a lot and started walking with our vehicle too. At that time, may be god’s grace, a man came in a vehicle and asked the problem. We explained him. He helped him in taking our vehicle to the core of a village. There we bought petrol from a shop at a bit higher rate and recharged our vehicle and continued our journey. In the joy of crossing the problem, we rode the bike at a bit higher speed. In village roads, the farmers will be putting the grains in the road for drying. A type of grain is called “CUMBU”. It is sphere in shape like a ball. Our bike went on it.

SRRRRRRRRRRR. Its just a skid.

Now we are on the road and the bike is on us. Then the villagers nearby helped us to get up and advised us to go carefully in village roads. Then we finished the remaining invitation distribution works and returned home.